The ingredient of Carrot cake
- three eggs
- 175ml sunflower oil
- 180g brown sugar
- 3 carrots, finely grated
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 180g self-elevating flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp floor cinnamon
- half of tsp grated nutmeg
- half cup (50g) walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely shredded
The instruction how to make Carrot cake
- Preheat oven to a hundred and eightyu00b0C. Grease and line the bottom and sides of a 23cm cake pan.
- Combine the eggs, oil and sugar in a bowl and beat to mix. Stir inside the carrot and orange zest. Sift inside the dry components, then upload the walnut and stir gently to combine. Pour batter into the pan and bake for 35-40 mins till a skewer comes out easy. Allow to chill barely, then flip out onto a cord rack to chill absolutely.
- Meanwhile, for the candied carrot, place sugar in a small saucepan with 1 cup (250ml) water and produce to the boil over high warmness, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add carrot and cook dinner for five minutes or till just tender. Remove carrot from pan and switch to a bowl. Cook syrup for a similarly 10 mins or until decreased. Pour syrup over the carrot and set apart to chill.
- Garnish cake with candied carrot and serve with carrot and pecan ice cream (see related recipe).
Nutritions of Carrot cakefatContent: 710.786 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 95.5 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 68.7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 82 milligrams cholesterol