The ingredient of Lamington cake
- Melted butter, to oil
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-elevating flour
- 40g (1/four cup) simple flour
- 35g (1/4 cup) cornflour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 155g (three/four cup) caster sugar
- 170g (2 cups) desiccated coconut
- 115g (1/three cup) strawberry jam, warmed
- 300g (2 cups) pure icing sugar
- 35g (1/3 cup) Nestle Baking Cocoa
- 125ml (half of cup) water
The instruction how to make Lamington cake
- Preheat oven to one hundred eightyu00b0C. Brush two 20cm (base dimension) cake pans with melted butter to oil. Line the bases with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift the mixed flour and cornflour right into a bowl. Use an electric powered beater to overcome the eggs and sugar in a big bowl for 10-12 minutes or till thick, light and creamy. Sift 1/2 the flour mixture over the egg aggregate. Use a large metal spoon to fold until simply combined. Repeat with last flour aggregate.
- Divide the various prepared pans and clean the surfaces. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and the cake springs back while lightly tapped. Set aside within the pans for five mins to chill slightly earlier than turning onto twine racks to chill absolutely.
- To make the chocolate icing, sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl. Stir within the water. Pour into a massive shallow dish.
- Spread the coconut over a big tray. Dip the base and facet of one cake into the icing, allowing any extra to drip off. Place the cake, icing-side down, onto the coconut and flip to coat the base and side. Transfer to a serving plate, coconut-side down. Spread with the jam. Dip the top and aspect of the ultimate cake within the icing, then within the coconut. Top the jam-included cake with the final cake, coconut-side up. Serve.
Nutritions of Lamington cakefatContent: 354.915 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 55 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 45 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 72 milligrams cholesterol